Introduction to Python Programming is a series of courses designed to take you from no computer science background whatsoever to proficiency in the basics of computing and programming, specifically in the popular programming language Python. Rated as one of the most in-demand and beginner-friendly programming languages, a background in Python will give you a solid foundation for further studies in computer science.
This Professional Certificate follows a unique design, separately covering the general, fundamental principles of computer science—which are applicable to any programming language—and then rapidly transitioning into implementing those principles in Python. Short videos (2-3 minutes each) are rapidly interleaved with live programming problems and multiple choice questions to give you constant feedback on your progress and understanding.
What you will learn
- The fundamental design cycle of computer science and computer programming: writing code, executing it, interpreting the results, and revising the code based on the outcomes.
- Usage of the fundamental atoms of programming: variables, mathematical operators, logical operators, and boolean arithmetic.
- Control structures for developing dynamic programs: conditionals, loops, functions, and error handling.
- The core data structures for creating useful programs: strings, lists, dictionaries, and file manipulation.
- Previews of the next big topics in computer science: object-oriented programming and computer algorithms.
Courses in this program
- Computing in Python I: Fundamentals and Procedural Programming
- Computing in Python II: Control Structures
- Computing in Python III: Data Structures
- Computing in Python IV: Objects & Algorithms
Certificate you will get
GTx’s Introduction to Python Programming Professional Certificate
- The Python programming language is currently the most popular language for Data Scientists worldwide. (Source: IEEE)
- Job opportunities include Software Engineer, Python Developer, Research Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Software Developer
- The average Python developer salary in the US is $116,379 (Source: Gooroo)